Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SoFoBoMo Began

Well, SoFoBoMo actually began 12 days ago.

I have not yet begun. Should I follow that with "to fight"? It seems sometimes that when I go to take photographs it is almost a fight with me.

Anyway, I digress. This is my first blog, on this blog spot created for this project, regarding my effort at making a book in a month. I will actually begin taking pictures next week, rather than starting and then stopping. A prior commitment made the middle of the month a preferable start date.

As to the photographs, they will be of the Courthouses in the southwest Georgia area. There are seven counties that I will be visiting: Blakely, Seminole, Thomas, Grady, Mitchell, Decatur and Miller. Some of these maintain their old courthouses, which were situated on the square in the middle of town. Some have replaced their old courthouses with new, modern buildings. I think they have lost some of the character that was in the old buildings.

I look forward to the exploration of each of the small town county seats as I visit them. Who knows what else I might find for future photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment